[News] Special Power to Microsoft Through Enhancements

Firefox extension protects against man-in-the-middle attacks

,----[ Quote ]
| Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University have released an extension for
| Firefox 3 that can protect wireless network users from
| so-called "man-in-the-middle" attacks.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10026617-83.html

10 Firefox add-ons for better browsing

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=1547020373&rid=-219

Top 10 Firefox add-ons

,----[ Quote ]
| Add-ons or extensions are small pieces of software that can add new features
| or tiny tweaks to your browser. They can add niche search engines, change the
| look of your browser tool bar, block annoying pop-ups, preview links,
| organise your browsing history and do much more.
|
| Mozilla Corp, which recently set a world record with Firefox 3, recently held
| its annual competition that recognises the year's best Firefox add-ons.
|
| This year's contest focused on add-ons that took advantage of its latest
| open-source browser Firefox 3. Here's listing what Mozilla crowned best
| Firefox add-ons.
`----

http://infotech.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/3408088.cms

Google adds geolocation to Gears offline plug-in

,----[ Quote ]
| New API will let developers create apps that can obtain information from
| Gears about end users' geographic location.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1808482561

Recent:

CyberNotes: Top 10 Firefox Extensions to Impress Your Friends

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox extensions are often lauded for the additional features and
| functionality that they bring to the browser. Some of them can save you crazy
| amounts of time, while others are more about beautifying Firefox. Here at
| CyberNet we typically try to focus on those extensions that can make you more
| productive, but today we’re going to flaunt what the developers have given
| us. That’s right, it’s time to tell your friends that your browser is better
| than theirs.
`----

http://cybernetnews.com/2008/05/14/cybernotes-top-10-firefox-extensions-to-impress-your-friends/

Firefox 3 is coming - is it everything we hoped for?

,----[ Quote ]
| While it can be said that there are no can't-live-without features included,
| the full package is a great improvement on Firefox 2. Mozilla have made a lot
| of changes and innovations to the application but it's unlikely that anything
| will strike the casual user and make him or her go "wow!". However, the speed
| of the browser and its handling of web applications could make it a winner
| and it looks like Mozilla has again raised the bar for Microsoft.
`----

http://www.bigmouthmedia.com/live/articles/firefox-3-is-coming.asp/4729/

Mozilla: Firefox 3 beats IE7 and Opera in memory tests

,----[ Quote ]
| Work done to plug Firefox's memory leaks and reduce its RAM profile has paid
| off, two of Mozilla's engineers said Friday, as they claimed that the newest
| beta of their open-source browser uses less memory than rivals such as
| Internet Explorer and Opera.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1368883081&rid=-50

Firefox 3 is Worth the Upgrade!