[News] Another Business Embraces Free Software and GNU/Linux

A business built on open source, virtualization, and clouds

,----[ Quote ]
| Libertelli discovered Linux in the late '90s when he owned a large
| development company called G. Triad. That company helped launch some big
| sites, like toysrus.com, dowjonesuniversity.com, and smartmoney.com. "We were
| into ColdFusion, and J.J. Allaire adopted Linux early. We've developed on top
| of Linux ever since."
|
| Libertelli calls himself "more of an entrepreneur" than strictly a
| technologist. "I find myself always gravitating to the GNU-type projects.
| They are the best way to develop venture-backed applications. With the amount
| of creativity coming out of the community, and the value right out of the
| box, you realize a real benefit by always using [FOSS]."
|
| ReadyTechs doesn't just develop with open source, it uses it throughout the
| company. "The other day I was looking around the office and realized we use a
| lot of Linux applications. We're not Linux purists, but it seems that when we
| need an application, the Linux option just winds up working the best. Not
| because it's the best, but because we can touch it. We can modify it very
| easily and it ends up suiting us well.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/145509

Days ago:

Integrating Linux into the SME

,----[ Quote ]
| I have employees who have been using Mepis Linux for four years. These
| systems have remained rock-solid, and we do periodic updates through the
| Internet.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT2483384065.html

"23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/08/23000-linux-pcs.html