[News] Journalists Turn Against Windows Vista, Not GNU/Linux

Vista FUD?

,----[ Quote ]
| It is interesting to see the tides turning though. The press used to be full
| of “Microsoft Does It Again!” and “Is Linux Really Ready?” stories. Now, it
| is Microsoft’s turn. Purusing the recent feed headlines on my iGoogle
| homepage, I found several examples of how the press is starting to switch
| sides. But then, what can we really expect? Dirty laundry sells.
`----

http://linuxfud.wordpress.com/2008/08/26/vista-fud/

Recent:

Unwanted licences boost Vista numbers

,----[ Quote ]
| "From the 30th of June, we have no longer been able to ship a PC with an XP
| licence," said Jane Bradburn, a marketing manager for HP Australia. "However,
| what we have been able to do with Microsoft is ship PCs with a Vista Business
| licence but with XP pre-loaded. That is still the majority of business
| computers we are selling today."
|
| Therefore the Vole's claims for high Vista sales figures are merely so much
| steer manure. The major PC vendors are still preloading Windows XP, but
| Microsoft is counting those XP preloads as Vista sales.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/29/vista-sales-really-windows-xp

Microsoft dropped Vista hardware spec to raise Intel profits

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/03/01/microsoft_intel_vista_capable_emails/

Microsoft 'Caves' To Intel

http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/28/microsoft-vista-intel-tech-ebiz-cx_wt_0228vista.html?partner=yahootix

Intel Backstabs Microsoft by Abandoning Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| The news that Intel has decided it won't upgrade its PCs to Vista must be
| especially bitter for Microsoft because court documents show that Microsoft
| may have launched its ill-fated "junk PC" Vista scheme at the behest of
| Intel. Is this the kind of payback that Microsoft expected?
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/147678/intel_backstabs_microsoft_by_abandoning_vista.html

Intel won't touch Vista

,----[ Quote ]