Re: ESR on the Anti-Linux Microsoft Campaigns (Halloween Documents)

> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:06:12 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> In article <1923972.UTzysUWi3c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Personal attacks in a technical forum are a verification of the truth of the
>>> stories. It means that there's no way to dismiss the message.
>>
>> So, according to you, we can conclude that when you make personal
>> attacks on Miguel de Icaza, Rick Jelliffe, Jesper Lund Stocholm, and
>> many others, it is because you recognize the truth of their arguments
>> and have no way to refute them?
>
> I always thought that was a given?
>
> Notice how whenever Schestowitz is confronted with facts, or by people who
> are more knowledgeable about a particular subject than he is, the usual
> method he employs is to attack, discredit and then run from the thread.

I've never seen Roy make a personal attack on someone.

Discredit, maybe.

I don't buy Roy's implication that "personal attacks" ==> "the attackee
speaks truth", though it can happen that way.

--
I think it's a little fantastic to try to form a picture in people's
minds of the Debian archive administration team huddled over their