[News] Review of a Dell Ubuntu-based Laptop

Dell/Ubuntu Inspiron 1525 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| For less than $750, this is a fantastic laptop. I'm very happy with it. My
| other choice was an IBM Thinkpad T61, but I'm glad I went with the Dell. I've
| only had the laptop about 5 days now, but it's performed flawlessly for my
| needs. I think the Dell/Ubuntu laptops are a great combination. Only a few
| small negatives, but they are not a major concern for this laptop. I think
| Dell should include some kind of Ubuntu quick start guide instead of the
| manual that ships. If you're already experienced with Ubuntu, this won't be
| such a big issue, it's more of a concern for users that are new to Ubuntu.
`----

http://marksitblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/dellubuntu-inspiron-1525-review.html

Another one:

Mint Linux, working straight out of the box

,----[ Quote ]
| This time, I decided to install Linux Mint, a Debian distribution based on
| Ubuntu and focused on multimedia applications. The developpers included some
| proprietary software so that more hardware works and the OS plays Macromedia
| Flash and MPEG straight out of the box.
`----

http://www.1sd.org/?p=271

Recent:

Dell’s Mini Inspiron 910 Full Specs: Ubuntu Linux or Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week we saw Dell launch some E-series business laptops, but the Dell
| Mini Inspiron was nowhere in sight. Today we get to see Dell’s first ever
| netbook in images, specs and also a potential release date.
`----

http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/08/18/dells-mini-inspiron-910-full-specs-ubuntu-linux-or-windows-xp/

Related:

Dell's Ubuntu Laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| The non-free drivers necessary to support the modem and the wireless network
| card were pre-installed. No preinstalled third-party junk, either, which is a
| refreshing change from Dell's Windows machines.
`----

http://apparentlymart.livejournal.com/11418.html

Dell pushes for better Linux drivers

,----[ Quote ]