Re: I got a new Vista laptop

Clogwog wrote:

> "Moshe Goldfarb." <brick_n_straw@xxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:16:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> Selling Vista? Good luck. Better try to sell horse manure. Bidding
>>> starts at
>>> $40.
>>
>> I thought Linux was free?

It is.

> No it isn't, many big companies like TomTom, Verizon, Monsoon Multimedia
> and Cisco are accused of wrongdoing, because they don't obide Linuxfucks
> laws aka "rules" of the Freedom Law Center! Of course they dump Linux and
> open source at once!

The fact that Linux is free doesn't mean that there are no rules with regard
to its use and ownership.
All these companies you mention clearly think that what those "Linuxfcks"
create is a good choice for their own products. And they have a huge amount
of freedom to use Linux in their products -- just not the freedom to grab
it, add their own secret sauce to it and then lock it away as their own
property.

> http://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources/2008/compliance-guide.html
> <Sorry, in Dutch>

http://webwereld.nl/articles/48981/verizon-aangeklaagd-voor-schenden-gpl.html

You trolls seem to be incapable of understanding the concept that those who
created something have the legal right to decide how it's used.
Or actually, you seem to understand this perfectly well when we're talking
about Microsoft's excrements; you think nothing of it when users are
limited in their rights and continuously policed by software lest they do
something that doesn't please either Microsoft or the media mafia. But as
soon as Linux comes into view, your understanding instantly evaporates,
even though it comes with the almost unlimited right to use and distribute
it -- just not the right to proprietize it.

Dumb hypocrites.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl