Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 23rd of August, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 23rd of August, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 07:40:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 760 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     337 1292482     2%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  118   89121    51%
   3. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               29  112685    22%
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   29   66580    44%
   5. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                   21   10073    58%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            21   26842    78%
   7. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@   20   28699    85%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       20   24837    61%
   9. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      18   24520    72%
  10. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    16    4654    60%
  11. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           15   15866    51%
  12. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        14   16409    54%
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     14   13837    72%
  14. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         12   29362    14%
  15. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               11   21737    86%
  16. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           7    4536    70%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx    7    7813    18%
  18. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  6   14109    38%
  19. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      5    3274    25%
  20. Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>               4    5762    48%
  21. Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx>           3    3920    77%
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                          3    4183    46%
  23. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       2    1630    67%
      Mocassin Joe <jmocasanto@xxxxxxxxxxx>              2    8761    95%
      jessedorland@xxxxxxxxx                             2    2461    67%
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           2     843    53%
      Steve Carroll - CSMA Refugee                       2    4202    83%
      anaz <anzi.cool.dude@xxxxxxxxx>                    2    2298     0%
      Martha Adams <mhada@xxxxxxxxxxx>                   2    6762    74%
      -hh <recscuba_google@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               2    4619    18%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Rival - Vista security - GONE                            53   60225
   2. The cost of cybercrime - Re: [Rival] Microsoft Win       22   27472
   3. The power of the Dark Side - Re: Rival - Vista sec       21   48944
   4. IBM 'advises' staff to opt for a Microsoft Office-       19   22652
   5. [OT] Penguin receives Knighthood                         16   16778
   6. Microsoft lying propaganda: boot, reboot,... Linux       15   18760
      Astroturfing by Comcast and Microsoft                    15   46464
   8. What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)                   13   10238
   9. [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP             12   14042
  10. [News] Splash Screen for Mighty OOo3 (OpenOffice 3       10   16004
      Dell "Instant On" screenshot                             10    8891
      [News] BT Develops Free Oprn Source Software             10   20246
  13. [News] Astroturfing by Comcast and Microsoft              8    9526
      [News] GNU/Linux gains Overclocking from AMD              8   11777
  15. [News] Beautiful Plasma Themes, New KDE4 Menu Demo        7   15849
      Vista breaks all the rules - Re: Rival - Vista sec        7   13936
      More trouble for Microsoft: The OS is becoming irr        7   10257
      [News] Progress in Kerala on Migration to GNU/Linu        7   15342
      A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP                     7    6531
  20. TangoGPS                                                  6    4813
      [News] Forbes Redefines FOSS the Microsoft Way            6    9396
      Flatty's nym generator                                    6    1079
      [News] Chain Successfully Migrates to GNU/Linux in        6   26720
      The Most Compelling Business Technology Summit in         6   10190
  25. The Unix sysadmin salary premium                          5    3451
      Publishing of OOXML standard by ISO delayed due to        5   10505
      [News] Memopal Ported to GNU/Linux                        5    5283
      OT: Joke                                                  5    4102
  29. [News] [Rival] Microsoft CEO Ignorant, Unable to U        4    2719
      News] REALbasic Receives the DRM Virus from SecuTe        4    6515
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  37
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     35
   3. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         13
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     11
   5. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              10
   6. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       8
   7. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                   7
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>       7
   9. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           6
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         6
  11. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               5
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          5
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     5
  14. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         4
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            4
  16. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      3
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     3
  18. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    2
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 2
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        2
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           2
      Martha Adams <mhada@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                  2
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              2
  24. Mocassin Joe <jmocasanto@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             1
      Mark S Bilk <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              1
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          1
      Jónas Óskar <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               1
      -hh <recscuba_google@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              1
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                         1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    149
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  81
   3. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              74
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        73
   5. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        70
   6. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         67
   7. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                66
   8. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       64
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          64
  10. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   63
  11. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  62
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      62
  13. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           58
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         58
  15. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     57
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>      57
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    57
  18. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           377
   2. slrn                                                            185
   3. Pan                                                              53
   4. Thunderbird                                                      47
   5. G2/1.0                                                           46
   6. Forte Agent                                                      11
   7. Microsoft Outlook Express                                         5
   8. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    3
   9. tin                                                               2
  10. Gnus                                                              1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 07:40:23 up 7 days,  4:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.71, 0.20, 0.09