[News] FSF on Free Software Employment, Hardware Database

The Free Software Jobs Page by Deborah Nicholson

,----[ Quote ]
| As a free software supporter, wouldn't you like to get paid for contributing
| to our community? Maybe you already do but you're sick of all that California
| sunshine or maybe you work somewhere that "pays the bills" but will never be
| able to buy your respect. That's why we've put together the free software
| jobs page -- to help you find your dream job, whether it's right around the
| corner or halfway around the world.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/bulletin/2008/spring/free-software-jobs/

The Last Mile is Always the Hardest by John Sullivan

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a lot to keep up with, but the FSF hardware database has been
| expanding as a resource to consult before purchasing a system or accessories.
| You can find valuable information there about which exact chipsets and models
| are known to work with fully free GNU/Linux systems. The information comes
| from the testing we do at the FSF and from people around the world who send
| us their working hardware configurations.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/bulletin/2008/spring/the-last-mile-is-always-the-hardest/

Recent:

LAC Now Shipping gNewSense 2.0 Systems (1 May 2008)

,----[ Quote ]
| gNewSense DeltaH was released today, and we are pleased to offer
| preconfigured Workstations, Portable Systems, ThinkCentres, Laptops, and
| Servers, as well as fully customized Core 2 Duo, Athlon 64, Xeon, and Opteron
| computers, preinstalled with the latest gNewSense GNU/Linux operating system.
| gNewSense is a GNU/Linux distribution that is listed as free by the GNU
| Project.
`----

http://laclinux.com/gnu/News#20080501.1

Related:

State of the Nation: South Africa's Open Source Software Market

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/602482/