[News] Pidgin 2.5.0 Released,

Pidgin IM Client 2.5.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Pidgin 2.4.0 was released back in March with a number of new features, but
| replacing that this week is Pidgin 2.5.0.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjY2NQ

Help your favorite "public interest" free software project win $10,000

,----[ Quote ]
| Nominations are now open for the Antonio Pizzigati Prize for Software in the
| Public Interest. The winner could be someone you know, or someone whose work
| you admire, but don't mull over your recommendation too long -- entries must
| be submitted by September 30.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/145634

Recent:

Multiprotocol, open source IM client could boost UC

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the most obvious barriers to unified communications and using instant
| messaging (IM) as a collaboration tool for those outside your enterprise is
| the plethora of IM standards. Those standards are, bizarrely, continuing to
| proliferate with Facebook recently introducing its own IM service.
|
| [...]
|
| The sixteen IM platforms Pidgin supports
|
|    1. AIM
|    2. Bonjour
|    3. Gadu-Gadu
|    4. Google Talk
|    5. Groupwise
|    6. ICQ
|    7. IRC
|    8. MSN
|    9. MySpaceIM
|   10. QQ
|   11. SILC
|   12. SIMPLE
|   13. Sametime
|   14. XMPP
|   15. Yahoo!
|   16. Zephyr
`----

http://searchvoip.techtarget.com.au/articles/26291-Multiprotocol-open-source-IM-client-could-boost-UC
http://tinyurl.com/59gxqe

Related:

Pidgin 2.4.0 Released With New Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Pidgin, the popular IM client once known as GAIM, has flown out of the coop
| today with a new release. Pidgin 2.4.0 is the first update in about three
| months, but it brings a number of features to the client as well as libpurple
| and Finch.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjM2OA

Bringing Aim to Awn! (Finally)

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the start of Awn I have wanted to bring Aim to Awn, to chat with. I
| just thought it would be neat.
|
| [...]
|
| I decided to decided to edit that applet and make it into something
| different, more pleasing to me. So after trial and error with a bunch of the
| code, I was editing, I finally got something to work for me!!
|
| Here are some screen shots:
`----

http://neverendinginternet.wordpress.com/2008/05/24/bringing-aim-to-awn-finally/

Free/Open-source IRC/IM Software