Re: [News] Memopal Ported to GNU/Linux

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:21:29 -0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Memopal: Online Backup in Public Beta for Linux
>
> 99 percent of Linux software is beta, whether they tell you or not.

That is seriously untrue.  One big example?  All the apps in Debian
stable.

Now, in Debian testing, unstable, or experimental, you'll find more
stuff closer to the bleeding edge.

You seem to be a big fan of misleading capsule summaries and unjustified
generalizations, Moshe.

Let me try to think of any package I use that has not been essentially
feature complete for a few years...

fluxbox.  Nah, that's been at 1.0 for quite awhile now, and that team
rarely releases anyway.

OpenOffice 2.4.  Nah, that's been out for awhile.

Firefox 3.0.  Maybe; I've experienced a few rough edges with it.

Kernel 2.6.25?  Perhaps.  The latest stable version is 2.6.26.3, though.

Yeah, I still don't buy your 99% number.

Vista was more of a beta, really.

--
My father was a God-fearing man, but he never missed a copy of the
New York Times, either.