Re: [News] [Rival] Zombiefest Coming Nuclear Submarines?

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:02:55 +0000, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> Royal Navy completes Windows for Submarines™ rollout
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Initial reports as the programme developed suggested that the OS in
>> question | would be Windows 2000, but those who have worked on it have
>> since informed | the Reg that in fact it is mostly based on XP. `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/16/windows_for_submarines_rollout/
>

> Oh. My. God.

This has to be some kind of SICK JOKE ?

I have actually worked as a subcontractor on the Australian Collins Class
Submarines a few years ago, and whilst I'm not cleared to the levels
required to see classified gear, I can say that the in-sub computer
terminal system is *definitely* not Windows, tho it's about as slow as
Windows due to the built in redundancy and cross checking systems.

Subs are NOT the kind of machines Windows should EVER be allowed near!

* Windows cannot fire the torpedo as it has detected new USB hardware
attached on sailor accomodation level 3 (mp3 player). Please select from
the following list of 3000 mp3 players first*

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008