Re: [News] Linux Supports USB 3.0

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 03:12:22 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On 2008-12-15, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>>
>>> USB 3.0 and Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>>speed" | devices (at 1 Mbps and 12 Mbps, respectively). Then USB 2.0
>>>came along | with "high speed" devices that ran at 480 Mbps. Now the
>>>new USB 3.0 bus | specification defines "SuperSpeed" devices that run
>>>at 5 Gbps (5,120 Mbps).
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://sarah.thesharps.us/2008-12-07-13-35.cherry
>>
>> Does this mean what I think it does, that linux _already_ has USB 3.0
>> support?
>>
>> I'm sure that hi-kwality Winders stuff has it already, too, what with
>> it being at the top of the......
>
> No. I'm sure the HW developers are totally ignoring Windows

Yeah, they love the high cost of MS 'approved" stickers and threats from
Microsoft if they write drivers for any other OS. They also have never
heard that to go into bed with Microsoft is the kiss of death.

I bet they're just *flocking* to Microsoft so they can waste months
trying to find what APIs have changed lately etc.

> concentrate on the big spending Linux community.

As opposed to the big Windows pirating community ?

> Shall we make a bet?

You're under age to gamble, does mommy know ?

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008