[News] [Rival] Apple Fan (Tim Bray) Angry at Apple's Shoddy Toy^H^HProducts

Apple Owes Me $99

,----[ Quote ]
| Second, I have to run the Time Machine backups by hand and I also have to
| connect by wire for big ones, because the default setup leaves my BlackBook
| in an endless “Preparing Backup” cycle. So I went and bought another WiFi
| router for $99, and now at least we can both be on the Net. I’d advise
| caution with the Time Capsule product until Apple’s done a couple more
| releases of the hardware and OS X too. Pfui.
`----

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2008/12/09/I-Want-My-99-Bucks

Related:

Fanboy reviewer has problems with MacBook Air

,----[ Quote ]
| IF YOU ARE a Mac fanboy reviewer and you think that anything that comes from
| Apple must be great, what do you do when something clearly isn't?
|
| Paul Venezia from InfoWorld seemed to have hit this crisis of faith when he
| came to look at Apple's MacBook Air.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/12/fanboy-reviewer-problems

Apple's iPhone 3G troubles spawn a lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| It was only a matter of time.
|
| With all the griping going on by a subset of iPhone 3G users, it was
| inevitable that someone would seek redress through the law. The first someone
| was Jessica Alena Smith, a Birmingham resident who filed her complaint this
| week in U.S. District Court in Alabama.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=19&entry_id=29355

Apple + ActiveSync is eating email on my iPhone: iCrap?

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm a huge Apple fan. Today, however, I couldn't be more disappointed. I keep
| seeing pretty, shiny things...and then finding out they're iCrap underneath.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9989279-16.html?hhTest=1

My MacBook Air dies while Google Docs is offline

,----[ Quote ]
| I have to reboot every 30 minutes or so to get back to a workable condition
| and then wait for the CPU to max out again.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-9985585-62.html?hhTest=1

iTunes Store "Unavailable": This iPod Touch Owner is Stuck in Update Limbo

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm not alone. I've been able to find plenty of iPod Touch, first-gen iPhone,
| and new iPhone 3G owners just like me stuck in the same boat. For over 8
| hours I've been unable to update my iPod Touch because the Apple iTunes
| Store's servers are overwhelmed.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/007248.html

iPhone 3G Frenzy Causes Glitch