[News] System76 and ZaReason Sell Only Preinstalled GNU/Linux

System76 Launches Biometric Ubuntu Linux Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| As big PC companies like Hewlett-Packard finally push into desktop Linux,
| WorksWithU will give equal time to the industry pioneers that evangelized
| desktop Linux before it went mainstream. A case in point: System76 continued
| its long-term Linux commitment today by launching the Gazelle Ultra
| (pictured) — an Ubuntu laptop with some pretty slick hardware specs and a
| biometric fingerprint reader for security.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2008/12/12/system76-launches-biometric-ubuntu-linux-laptops/

Review: ZaReason Makes Desktop Linux A Breeze

,----[ Quote ]
| The Bottom Line: If you need a basic, low-end PC without the hassles and
| security concerns tied to Windows, ZaReason’s Breeze is a breathe of fresh
| air.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2008/12/12/review-zareason-makes-desktop-linux-a-breeze/

Related:

Talking Ubuntu Linux: Q&A with System76 President Carl Richell

,----[ Quote ]
| All About Ubuntu: What types of customers do you expect to purchase your
| latest Ubuntu servers?
|
| Richell: We are already providing servers to small businesses, schools,
| governments, and enterprises. The broad utility of Ubuntu as an operating
| system and the expanding capabilities of x86 hardware opens Ubuntu server
| products to a large and diverse market.
`----

http://allaboutubuntu.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/talking-ubuntu-linux-qa-with-system76-president-carl-richell/
http://tinyurl.com/2kcwh4

System76 Announces Servers with Ubuntu 7.10 and Canonical Support Services

,----[ Quote ]
| System76 Inc., a leading provider of Ubuntu pre-installed laptops and
| desktops, introduces the first available line of certified, pre-installed
| servers featuring Ubuntu 7.10 Server Edition -- delivering a new choice in
| quality server platforms.
`----

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2008/2/prweb721683.htm

ZaReason's MegaLap is a desktop replacement with an Ubuntu twist

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/130446