[News] Review of OpenOffice.org 3.0, Another ODF-based Office Suite to Emerge

Review: OpenOffice.org 3

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice.org is a powerful productivity suite–including tools for word
| processing, spreadsheets, slideshows and more—with one major additional
| feature: it’s free.
`----

http://www.macworld.com/article/137436/2008/12/openofc3.html?t=201

PlusOffice to Build on OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenZone has announced PlusOffice Mac, a productivity software package for
| the Mac expected to be released in January, 2009 for Intel-based Macs.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/155412/plusoffice_to_build_on_openofficeorg.html

Recent:

OpenOffice.org saves you £30Million/day…

,----[ Quote ]
| That looks to be a rough average of about 300,000 downloads of the free and
| open source OpenOffice.org application suite every day for the last 28 days,
| which means about 8.5Million downloads this month.
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/12/02/openofficeorg-saves-you-30millionday/

Melaka City Council's OSS migration and savings

,----[ Quote ]
| In our ongoing series of Free and Open Source Software deployments in
| Malaysia, OpenMalaysiaBlog is proud to highlight the efforts of the City
| Council of Melaka. They were one of the first few departments to migrate
| completely to OpenOffice.org (98% of their 300 hundred seats. They need to
| retain a few copies of MS Office for some difficult proprietary files). Back
| in 8 December 2006, the Mayor of Melaka, Y.Bhg. Dato’ Haji Zaini bin Mohd
| Nor, presented "Successful Deployment Of OpenOffice In The Public Sector
| Seminar" and was very enthusiastic about OpenOffice.org.
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/08/melaka-city-cou.html

The State of Kedah moves to OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| A case study submitted to the Open Source Competency Center by the Center of
| Information Technology, Office of the Chief Minister and State Secretary of
| Kedah, has indicated that OpenOffice.org has been installed in 70% of the
| computers in the Kedah state government agencies. There are currently 2,202
| installed seats and by the looks of it, the numbers will just keep rising!
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/08/case-study-on-t.html

The entire State of Pahang moves to OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Its just been made official that the State of Pahang is migrating all its
| productivity suites to OpenOffice.org. This succint memo from the State
| Secretary of Pahang entitled "Perlaksanaan Penggunaan Perisian OpenOffice.Org
| Di Semua Agensi dan Pentadbiran Negeri" (translated: "Implementation of
| OpenOffice.org suite in all State Agencies and Administrative centres")
| outlines the reasons for migrating, the benefits and how to proceed.
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/08/the-entire-stat.html

French hospital migrates to OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/french_hospital_migrates_to_openoffice