[News] Tanner Adds Support for Linux, Linux Momentum Grows

Tanner EDA Supports Linux for A/MS and MEMS Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| Tanner EDA®, the world leader in PC-based analog and mixed-signal (AMS)
| circuit design tools, announced today that the company now supports Linux® as
| well as the Windows® platform with its affordable, interoperable and easy to
| use electronic design software. Tanner Tools Pro™ and HiPer Silicon™, Tanner
| EDA's popular AMS and MEMS design software suites, are now available for the
| Linux platform.
`----

http://www.chipdesignmag.com/display.php?articleId=2893

One step closer...

,----[ Quote ]
| I think we are getting one step closer to World Domination (TM) of Linux !
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3798

Yesterday:

Long Awaited Nüvifone to Become an Android?

,----[ Quote ]
| Some have speculated that Garmin's Nüvifone will end up being vaporware,
| given its delays and the lackluster market reception of connected portable
| navigation devices (PNDs) this year. But Garmin's joining of Google's Open
| Handset Alliance may be an indication it is coming in 2009 as promised.
|
| Garmin officially announced in January that it was going to introduce a
| GPS-enabled smartphone, dubbed Nüvifone, in the third quarter of this year.
| Long rumored before then, the official confirmation created some buzz in the
| marketplace and in the gadget blogosphere, which continued with sitings of
| alpha models at tradeshows. Details were sparse, however, aside from a large
| 3.5-inch touchscreen, GPS, 3.5G data capability, and a reported Linux
| operating system.
`----

http://uc.gpsworld.com/gpsuc/Latest+News/Long-Awaited-Nuumlvifone-to-Become-an-Android/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/570953?contextCategoryId=33826

Druvaa inSync Enterprise Laptop Backup Released on Linux Platform

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.prweb.com/releases/enterprise/remote-laptop-backup/prweb1732514.htm