[News] HDMI in GNU/Linux, Nouveau in Next Ubuntu GNU/Linux

Using HDMI Audio/Video On Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The last time we looked in-depth at HDMI support on Linux was last December
| when talking about HDMI with the ATI Catalyst Linux driver. Since then there
| has been improvements in a number of drivers for different hardware. In this
| article we have a brief overview on the status of HDMI support in the Intel,
| NVIDIA, and ATI Linux drivers.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_hdmi&num=1

Ubuntu 9.04 To Get Nouveau Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nouveau driver has been in development for several years now but with
| limited developers that are reverse-engineering NVIDIA's GPUs and there being
| no public documentation or support from NVIDIA, it has taken quite a while to
| come up with a reputable open-source driver that supports all of NVIDIA's
| hardware. Nouveau still doesn't have a stable released version of its 2D DDX
| or Mesa 3D driver, but development snapshots of it have appeared in Fedora
| and a few other distributions. With the release of Ubuntu 9.04 next April, a
| packaged version of Nouveau will finally appear in Ubuntu's repositories.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjkxNg

Recent:

PXA270 Linux implementation updated

,----[ Quote ]
| Timesys has published a new 2.6.24 main line Linux kernel, and a new
| reference distribution for the Intel/Marvell PXA270. The Linux development
| publishers have also updated their website with a new look and feel, and
| posted a LinuxLink Radio episode on inter-process communication.

RadeonHD Driver Gets HDMI Support

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjI1Mg