[News] Firefox Icon in the BBC; Firefox 3.1 Reaches Second Beta

Valley Girls: Mitchell Baker

,----[ Quote ]
| Many people in Silicon Valley claim to be high-flyers but as an amateur
| trapeze artiste Mitchell Baker has a better claim than many.
|
| In her day job Ms Baker is chair of the Mozilla Foundation that most know as
| the creator of the open source Firefox web browser.

Privacy, tabs and web content overhaul in Firefox 3.1 Beta 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released Firefox 3.1 Beta 2, the second development release of
| the first major update to Firefox 3, released about six months ago.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/12/privacy-tabs-and-web-content-overhaul-in-firefox-31-beta-2/

Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 now available for download

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/12/08/firefox-31-beta-2-now-available-for-download/

Browser Speed Test Revisited: Webkit Still The Best And Rips Opera 10 Alpha A
New One

,----[ Quote ]
| As expected, open source webkit engine is still quite a few steps ahead of
| its nearest competitor and winner of this benchmark.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/12/08/browser-speed-test-revisited-webkit-still-the-best-and-rips-opera-10-alpha-a-new-one/

"We have increased our prices over the last 10 years (while) other component
prices have come down and continue to come down."

                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft

Recent:

Mozilla posts first Firefox 3.1 b2 release candidate build

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla is close to be releasing a major update for its Firefox 3 browser.
| The release candidate of Firefox 3.1 appeared earlier today and is, as far as
| we can see, pretty much finished. The actual release of the browser should
| only be a matter of days.
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/40368/140/

Fired Up Over A Hot Browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox is riding a crest, with 200 million Web surfers.
`----

http://www.investors.com/editorial/IBDArticles.asp?artsec=21&issue=20081126

Related:

Study: Firefox Excels at Guarding the Henhouse

,----[ Quote ]