[News] Good Review of NimbleX GNU/Linux, SimplyMEPIS 8.0 Reaches Sixth Beta

NimbleX Linux - 94% satisfaction

,----[ Quote ]
| Compared to Puppy, it delivers a mighty punch in beauty, but it is more than
| twice the size. However, Puppy has a greater assortment of programs and
| better overall functionality. Luckily, you can use both.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/nimblex.html

SimplyMEPIS 8.0 Moves Closer to Final Release with Beta 6

,----[ Quote ]
| Warren Woodford, the integrator of SimplyMEPIS, reports, "Progress on 8.0 has
| been slow but steady. The community has done a great job of reporting
| problems and suggesting fixes! There are just a few issues remaining. I hope
| that in a week or two we can have an RC release."
`----

http://www.mepis.org/node/14205

Recent:

Review: NimbleX 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I'm rather impressed with NimbleX 2008.  It's got a little something
| for the minimalist, something for the new user, and something for the power
| user.  The entire system is very clean, very stable, and exceptionally well
| done.  I'd easily give this my two thumbs up as I really couldn't find much
| of anything to complain about.   Admittedly the installer still needs some
| work.  But aside from that, I'm very pleased with what NimbleX has to offer.
| For more information about this distribution, you can check out their
| homepage, their distrowatch page, or if you're ready to dive in, you can grab
| a copy of the installation ISO.  Of if you're really adventurous, you can
| even make your own install cd exactly to your liking.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080728#feature

NimbleX 2008 Mini-Review

,----[ Quote ]
| NimbleX, which is based on Slackware, is advertised as a customizable and
| slim Linux distro. The CD comes with many desktop environments including KDE,
| Fluxbox, Enlightenment, Openbox, and more. The default, not surprisingly, is
| KDE 3.5.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/07/24/nimblex-2008-mini-review/

Exclusive First Look: NimbleX 2008 - The seven desktop Linux distribution!

,----[ Quote ]
| Our good friend and developer of NimbleX, Bogdan Radulescu, gave us an
| exclusive copy of his new distribution, NimbleX 2008, which will be available
| for all of you tomorrow! I was really thrilled this morning when I saw the
| e-mail from Bogdan regarding the new version of NimbleX, I immediately
| downloaded the ISO image and gave it a try, to see what's new. In the
| following lines, I will share with you my personal thoughts about NimbleX, a
| small but versatile operating system based on the popular Slackware Linux.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Exclusive-First-Look-NimbleX-2008-90463.shtml

Review: NimbleX 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall though, aside from those couple of misgivings, I find NimbleX to be
| very enjoyable, easily usable, and highly recommendable for people with older
| machines, or those just looking for raw, unbridled speed and light weight
| operation.  And all of this comes coupled with the grand power of KDE.  So
| give it a try.  What you find may endear you to this distribution for years
| to come.  Also, in my honest opinion, I believe that NimbleX flat out trumps
| most other light weight distribution by providing both speed and power in one
| tiny little distribution.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=328

Related:

NimbleX: The Diet Slackware

,----[ Quote ]
| The NimbleX distribution has a prospect and is on the right track to be
| popular. It gives hope to those who maybe are still using Windows 98 today
| due to their ultra low-end computers; and for goodness sake please burn that
| rubbish OS. All things considered, I find NimbleX really easy to use but I
| will recommend it only to novice users for the lack of automated installer.
| NimbleX is true to its name and is definitely worth a try.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/10/nimblex-diet-slackware.html

ReviewLinux.Com First Look: NimbleX sub100

,----[ Quote ]
| Sitting around on a Sunday night so I thought I would take a quick look at a
| small Linux distribution call NimbleX. With only a 100 meg footprint this
| distro was fast to download and I snapped a few quick shots of it plus a
| short flash video. Enjoy!
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=7369

The 1st stable NimbleX has done

,----[ Quote ]
| NimbleX has a special edition that is smaller than 100MB but still retains
| some functionality for a broad variaty of tasks.
`----

http://linuxmini.blogspot.com/2007/09/1st-stable-nimblex-has-done.html

NimbleX 2007v2 is out!

,----[ Quote ]
| NimbleX is a small but versatile operating system which is able to boot from
| a small 8 cm CD, from flash memory like USB pens or Mp3 players and even from
| the network. Because it runs entirely from a CD, USB or network it doesn’t
| require installation or even much hardware.
`----

http://www.nimblex.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=1

NimbleX 2007 - As the Name Implies...

,----[ Quote ]