Re: [News] Signs of Desperation to Defeat Free Software

On 2008-12-07, Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Gregory Shearman belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Can't.
>>>
>>> I have a global +1000 score on all replies to my posts. If I think
>>> answering is not worth it, I don't answer. But I am not sniping at
>>> people from behind a killfile, like some Usenet posters do.
>>
>> It is not "sniping from behind a killfile". A reply to a troll contains
>> a specially selected context distilled from the original troll post. It
>> is sometimes worthy of a reply.
>>
>>> Reply to my posts, and I will read your replies. If I think it worth
>>> replying in turn, I'll do so. Otherwise I'll ignore you.
>>
>> Sounds like a chore, rather than entertainment.
>
> All a killfile does is reduced the number of posts you see from particular
> idiots.  You still see zero or more posts (usually more) due to more
> tolerant or foolish people responding to the idiots.

If Phil Da Lick decides to stop his troll feeding then he'll be allowed
out of my Killfile.

> With that set of posts, you have the same choices the Mart mentions:  reply,
> or not.

Or killfile the trollfeeder. I usually set trollfeeders for so many
days.

> The only difference is that you will not see the idiot's replies to your
> reply, so you are free to take potshots at the idiot without reading the
> idiot's idiotic replies to your provocation.

Ummm. If you reply to a quoted section of trollspeak in a "regular"
poster's article you are working on *their* selection of trollspeak, not
the raw trollspeak.

> Thus you can "snipe" without suffering "return fire".

Who cares about what the trolls write? They are here to disrupt the
group. Look at poor Mort... caught up in a philosophy argument about
property because he decided to engage a troll.. He's become diverted
from Linux advocacy by a filthy troll.

Bin 'em I say. They crave attention. Deny what they crave.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power