[News] Awareness of Free Software Increases, CMS Software Listed

Ingres Paints a Rosy Picture

,----[ Quote ]
| In particular, according to the company, there seems to be a growing
| awareness amongst IT bosses that they are paying through the nose for, well,
| nothing: inflexible licensing regimes, and an upgrade treadmill that means
| constant fees to access software you've already paid for. Open source, with
| its zero up-front costs and reasonable support and service terms, is clearly
| attractive here.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1608&blogid=14

Five open source content management systems you should know about

,----[ Quote ]
| We decided to make a list of five open source content management systems you
| should know about across the spectrum of content management platforms from
| ECM, to WCM, to blogging, and Digital Asset Management. As you would expect,
| these are just some examples of good open source products. We are aware there
| are many others we have left out.
`----

http://www.fiercecontentmanagement.com/special-reports/five-open-source-content-management-systems-you-should-know-about
http://tinyurl.com/5kqjwh

Recent:

Top Five things to know when choosing an open source Content Management System
(CMS)

,----[ Quote ]
| # Evaluate a CMS for the suitability for your industry and your requirements?
|
|     * Joomla CMS with Mosets – Real estate
|     * Moodle – Content management system for managing and editing courses for
|       education and e-learning.
|     * iSocial - CMS for social networking. It allows you to create your own
|       Friendster and Orkut like sites.
|     * OneCMS – content management system targeted towards gaming.
`----

http://www.promotionworld.com/prepare/articles/article/081105topfivethings.html

Top 10 Open Source CMS Systems

,----[ Quote ]