News] Mozilla Shop Opens, AdBlock Gets Better, GNU/Linux Integration Improvements

  • Subject: News] Mozilla Shop Opens, AdBlock Gets Better, GNU/Linux Integration Improvements
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 00:18:19 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Mozilla Community Store is here!

,----[ Quote ]
| This morning we announced the launch of the Mozilla Community Store, a new
| open source approach to our t-shirt creation process that allows anyone to
| submit their original designs and make them publicly available for purchase.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2008/12/04/the-mozilla-community-store-is-here/

http://communitystore.mozilla.org/

Adblock Plus and (a little) more

,----[ Quote ]
| Major changes
|
|     * Filter composer simplifies filter creation
|     * Disabling filters directly from context menu in blockable items
|     * Groups of user-defined filters can be disabled in preferences
|     * Filter options $third-party and $~third-party to block only
|       third-party/first-party requests
|     * More reliable filter subscription downloads thanks to checksum
|       verification
|     * Installation in Mozilla Prism supported
`----

http://adblockplus.org/releases/adblock-plus-10-released

Great project.

Teaching Thunderbird to Tango

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla's Thunderbird e-mail client is very popular among Linux users, but it
| has poor visual integration with the Linux platform. Fortunately, Thunderbird
| is finally getting some Tango love and its own Linux theme.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/12/04/teaching-thunderbird-to-tango

Related:

Firefox 3: rocking on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A few people have been noticing how good our support on Linux has gotten
| during the Firefox 3 development cycle and I thought I would post to try and
| point out some of the good stuff that we have coming down the pipe.
`----

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=325

Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Is A Win For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the latest beta of Firefox 3 today, and the Linux
| efforts behind it are starting to show even more. This release, being a beta,
| is surprisingly stable. Here’s the killer that makes this beta release
| amazing: true GTK support.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/12/20/firefox-30-beta-2-is-a-win-for-linux/

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme