[News] [Rival] Microsoft Desperate for Money, Attacks Windows Distributors

"It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy than
when there's not."

                                --Bill Gates

Microsoft Targets Auctions in Counterfeit Crackdown

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft continues to crack down on people it believes are counterfeiting
| and selling its software. On Thursday the company will add another 63 legal
| filings in 12 countries against individuals who it says are selling
| counterfeit Microsoft products.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/154925/.html?tk=rss_news

Why did Microsoft have no problem until now?

Microsoft sues counterfeit software dealers

,----[ Quote ]
| "They're not going to cease selling XP because Microsoft has."
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/156089.asp?source=rss

Not even counterfeiters want Vista.

Welcome to Vista is Rubbish.

http://www.vistaisrubbish.com/

Recent:

Chinese copyright cops diss Windows Nagware

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, vice-director of China's National Copyright Administration, Yan Xiaohong
| has cast aired doubts over Microsoft tactics.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/28/chinese-copyright-cops-diss

Microsoft faces second 'black screen' lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| A second Chinese man has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft demanding it
| remove a notice from his computer accusing him of using illegally copied
| software.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/28/ms_wga_china/

Microsoft sued in China for black screen of death

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/10/22/china_fury_microsoft_wga/