[News] Firefox Saves Energy and Performs Well

Use Firefox, Save the Planet

,----[ Quote ]
| According to new research from SecTheory using Firefox in combination with
| popular addons like NoScript and Adblock Plus was enough to significantly
| reduce power consumption. Using third party and built-in monitoring tools,
| SecTheory took a look at the top 100 web sites according to Alexa and
| monitored their power consumption on the client end, as measured by amperage
| drawn by the CPU while visiting the site, using both Internet Explorer 7.0
| and Firefox 3.0.4 on an average Windows machine. Both the browsers and the
| system were fully patched, and Javascript was on, Java, Flash and Silverlight
| were installed.
`----

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2008/12/04/use-firefox-save-the-planet/

Firefox Nightly Beats Chrome in Speed And Webkit Nightly Eats Them For
Breakfast.

,----[ Quote ]
| We already knew that Firefox nightly beats Chrome in speed, the gap is
| getting wider with the latest Firefox builds (3.2a1pre). While Google Chrome
| uses webkit as a layout engine it uses it’s own javascript engine called V8.
| On the other hand webkit developers are quietly tweaking away its
| SquirrelFish engine for javascript speed increase.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/12/04/firefox-nightly-beats-chrome-in-speed-and-webkit-nightly-eats-them-for-breakfast/
http://tinyurl.com/5hgedm

New Firefox extension turns Amazon.com into illegal free-for-all

,----[ Quote ]
| A new Firefox extension called Pirates of the Amazon lets users download
| movies, games, TV shows, and MP3s free of charge by cross referencing
| Amazon's product pages with torrent files from the Pirate Bay.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10112541-2.html

Recent:

Crimes Microsoft Gets Away With - So Far

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://technocrat.net/no-cache/d/2008/7/30/46981