[News] 10 Free Software Myths Busted; Troubleshooting E-Book Published

10 Myths of Free & Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| At FOSS, the focus is more on the protection of information than the
| methodology used to implement it. Several codes are made and rectified in the
| public and it thus increases the knowledge of all the users worldwide.
`----

http://brajeshwar.com/2008/10-myths-of-free-open-source-software/

Unix and Linux Troubleshooting E-Book

,----[ Quote ]
| I "finished" my Linux and Unix Troubleshooting E-Book today. Of course it's
| not really finished: I'll probably be adding and revising for months (and
| yes, all buyers get free updates), but at 45,000+ words, there was enough to
| let 'er go.
`----

http://aplawrence.com/Linux/troubleshooting.html

Recent:

9 Linux Myth Debunked

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to Linux there are 3 kinds of people, those who never heard of
| it, those who are afraid of it, and those who hate it and spread falsities
| about it. I don’t really care about the first, they probably aren’t really
| technologically literate anyways, as long as they have E-mail they are
| content. While the second group is the result of the actions of the third.
| Let’s hit two birds with one stone shall we?
|
| 1-Linux is More Secure Because it Has A Smaller User Base
|
| It is widely argued that Linux is more secure than Windows just because
| Windows is more popular, so hackers and virus coders tend to focus on the
| more popular platform. Actually, this is just one side of the story There are
| so many other things running for Linux security-wise that totally dispels
| this myth.
`----

http://hehe2.net/linux-general/9-linux-myth-debunked/

Myths of Linux - The Public Can't Cope with Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://gnuru.org/?node_id=1366