[News] Qt Goes 3-D and Into Shoot-Them-Up Games, Duke Nukem Runs in GNU/Linux

Widgets enter the third dimension: WolfenQt

,----[ Quote ]
| Some people have been asking how to embed Qt painted content (and especially
| Qt widgets) in a 3d scene. As I’ve been wanting to do this ever since we
| added QTransform supporting fully projective transformations, I sat down and
| wrote a small example demonstrating these capabilities.
`----

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/12/02/widgets-enter-the-third-dimension-wolfenqt/

Running DOS Programs on Linux: Duke Nukem Lives!

,----[ Quote ]
| If I play video games they're usually pretty low tech ones. One of the few
| games I miss from the old days is Duke Nukem, and I'm talking about the Duke
| before he went 3D. If you have an old DOS game that you'd like to run, or for
| that matter any old DOS program, check out DOSBox. Even if you don't have any
| DOS programs that you'd like to run, you might want to try downloading some
| of the old DOS games that are now available free online.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/running-dos-programs-linux-duke-nukem-lives

Recent:

DOSBox, a multiplatform PC emulator

,----[ Quote ]
| DOSBox is a freely available, cross-platform PC emulator. Rather than
| attempting to be the technology leader as a business-orientated
| virtualization environment like VMware or Qemu, DOSBox instead offers a rich
| set of features aimed at closely recreating the behaviour of a retro gaming
| PC. To this end, it offers a selection of accurate sound card emulations and
| facilities to throttle the emulation speed back to vintage PC levels, along
| with other features designed to make sure that the old games run properly and
| accurately within a protected environment.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/dosbox_multiplatform_pc_emulator

Related:

DOSBox 0.70 (Released)

,----[ Quote ]
| Another year and another dosbox version, again more
| speedups and compatibility fixes.
`----

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1#

Playing Classic Games Under Ubuntu