[News] Oracle Contributes Some Free Software

Oracle contributes Linux code for detecting 'silent data corruption'

,----[ Quote ]
| Oracle today announced that it has contributed code to the Linux kernel aimed
| at alerting IT administrators to "silent data corruption" that might
| interfere with the accuracy of database queries, turning up wrong answers.
|
| The 2.6.27 Linux kernel got bolstered today by "block I/O data integrity
| infrastructure" code which is seen by Oracle, the code's contributor, as a
| first for any operating system.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Oracle_contributes_Linux_code_for_detecting_silent_data_corruption/1228243294

Oracle Contributes Code to Linux Community, Teams With Emulex and Launches
Early Adopter Program

,----[ Quote ]
| Delivering on its commitment to advance Linux for the enterprise, Oracle
| today announced the contribution of data integrity protection code to the
| Linux community.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Oracle-Contributes-Code-Linux-Community/story.aspx?guid=%7BE907DA9F-209A-4FEC-9BCC-DC34C7AB078B%7D
http://tinyurl.com/5gzaac

Recent:

Oracle Counters Microsoft's .Net Initiative

,----[ Quote ]
| Countering the .Net initiative that bitter rival Microsoft Corp. announced
| earlier this year, Oracle Corp. last week released software for use in
| developing and managing online services.
|
| In a swipe at Microsoft, which doesn't expect to deliver a full portfolio of
| its .Net-based technologies for two years or more, Oracle is informally
| referring to its Oracle9i Dynamic Services software as .Now.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=web_services&articleId=55345&taxonomyId=61&intsrc=kc_top

Red Hat CEO: Oracle/BEA Deal is Helping Us

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3755446