[News] Free Software Company to Expand, Open Solutions Alliance Gets New Leadership

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Company to Expand, Open Solutions Alliance Gets New Leadership
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 08:43:30 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Openbravo to push open source ERP more aggressively in US

,----[ Quote ]
| Openbravo, a purveyor of a popular open source ERP application and newly
| acquired open source POS solution for the small to medium-sized enterprises,
| predicts it will fare better against proprietary offerings such as Microsoft
| Dynamics and SAP OneConnect in this climate because of the costs to implement
| complex applications.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=3141

Unisys Exec Takes Helm of Open Solutions Alliance

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open Solutions Alliance, a nonprofit industry group that pushes for the
| adoption and interoperability of open-source software, has named an executive
| of the giant systems integrator Unisys as its new president.
|
| Anthony Gold, vice president and general manager of open-source business at
| Unisys, is taking over the role previously held by Dominic Sartorio, an
| employee of SpikeSource, which makes a platform for testing, packaging and
| maintaining applications.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/154751/.html?tk=rss_news

Recent:

Bluenog Joins Open Solutions Alliance to Advance Interoperability Programs

,----[ Quote ]
| OSA's focus on open source application interoperability is a vision that
| resonates deeply with Bluenog's vision and go-to-market strategy. Bluenog,
| already an active participant in the Common Customer View (CCV) and marketing
| committees, plans to work closely with OSA to achieve application
| interoperability through enhanced community collaboration. This is also a
| theme reflected in Bluenog's mission to tightly integrate content management,
| portal and business intelligence -- three applications required by nearly
| every enterprise.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/bluenog-joins-open-solutions-alliance-to-advance-interoperability-programs,567126.shtml

OS Hot Trends: Collaboration, SaaS and Overseas Expansion

,----[ Quote ]
| In our first annual survey of our membership and other open source software
| and services companies, the Open Solutions Alliance (OSA) found much optimism
| despite a murky economy, and a surprisingly high level of collaboration by
| open source software and services companies.
|
| The survey was conducted among 46 companies - both OSA members and companies
| that we like to think of as future OSA members.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/node/654840/print

Essentia Joins Open Solutions Alliance, Provides Platform for Collaboration
Among Member Communities

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open Solutions Alliance (OSA), a nonprofit, vendor-neutral consortium
| dedicated to driving interoperability and adoption of comprehensive open
| solutions, today announced that Essentia has joined as its newest member and
| will provide a new platform for member collaboration. Essentia is a leader in
| providing next-generation platforms and services for online communities and
| commerce.
`----

http://newsblaze.com/story/2008082604030400005.pnw/topstory.html

The Open Solutions Alliance Enters Its Second Year

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyone who’s ever been involved in the beginning of a nonprofit consortium
| will tell you that the first year is the hardest.
`----

http://www.sys-con.com/read/530866_p.htm

Open Solutions Alliance Marks End of First Year with New Members, New Momentum

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open Solutions Alliance (OSA), marked its one-year anniversary with three
| new members, a global focus, and advances toward seamless interoperability
| between commercial open-source applications.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/506924_p.htm

Barry Klawans of the Open Solutions Alliance talks up interoperability

,----[ Quote ]
| We're advocates in general, and we encourage other companies to join us. We
| think right now that where the world is, it's a lot more important for
| nonmembers and members to collaborate than it is to try to kill each other.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=operating_systems&articleId=9027920&taxonomyId=89&intsrc=kc_top
http://tinyurl.com/2jspyf

Open Solutions Alliance Debuts New Showcase At LinuxWorld

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Solutions Alliance was formed in February 2007 to drive the adoption
| and interoperability of enterprise class open business solutions.
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-open-solutions-alliance-debuts-new-showcase-linuxworld-/2007/06/14/2713077.htm

Open Solutions Alliance Looking for Momentum Boost

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/144798/open_solutions_alliance_looking_for_momentum_boost.html