Re: [News] Google's Linux-based Phone Chosen Over iPhone

Ezekiel wrote:

>> Linux finally loaded onto iPhone!
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Linux fans who have been waiting for Linux to come the iPhone and iPod
>> Touch
>> | need wait no longer - the breakthrough has finally been made, years
>> after
>> | Linux found its way onto earlier iPod models. There's a way to go
>> | before
>> the
>> | project is mature, with plenty of things, including touchscreen
>> | support,
>> yet
>> | to come. Still - Linux on the iPhone is here, at last!
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/21985/1168/
>>

> I don't get this. People buy the iPhone for the /software/ that runs on
> the iPhone... not the hardware.

This is getting pathetic. People could not care less what "software" runs on
that phone. They want the whole gamut, touchscreen and all.

> If someone really wants to run Linux that
> bad then get another phone and put Linux on it. Why would anyone take the
> iPhone... remove the best feature (the software) and replace it with
> Linux?

Why would anyone want a iPhone at all?

Apart from that: Why run linux on it? Because they can
--
Law of Probable Dispersal:
Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.