[News] Microsoft's Patent Troll Takes Transmeta Monopolies, Jeff Bozo Has Patent Birthday

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft's Patent Troll Takes Transmeta Monopolies, Jeff Bozo Has Patent Birthday
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 02:49:59 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nathan Myhrvold Part of Transmeta Sale

,----[ Quote ]
| IV was apparently there at the bargaining table with Novafora, which makes
| digital video processors. It's putting $11.6 million towards the $255.6
| million purchase price in exchange for some kind of rights to Transmeta's
| low-power silicon patents, perhaps so IV can protect one of its investors.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/node/763497/print

Ninth Anniversary of Amazon 1-Click Injunction

,----[ Quote ]
| Nine years ago Monday, Amazon kicked off the Holiday Season by slapping
| Barnes and Noble with a court injunction barring BN from using a checkout
| feature that Amazon said represented illegal copying of its patented 1-Click
| technology. 'We're pleased that Judge Pechman recognized the innovation
| underlying our 1-Click feature,' said Jeff Bezos in a press release. But an
| Appellate Court wasn't quite as impressed with Amazon's innovation...
`----

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/08/12/01/1322204.shtml

Recent:

Amazon patents 'customer review incentives'

,----[ Quote ]
| The self-described patent reform advocates at Amazon.com don't seem to have
| broken their habit of putting legal hooks on just about anything they dream
| up.
|
| Last Tuesday, Amazon was awarded a patent for "creating an incentive to
| author useful item reviews."
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/06/amazon_patent_customer_review_rankings/

Amazon Granted 1-Hour Offer Patent

,----[ Quote ]
| theodp writes "Amazon was awarded a patent Tuesday for its Interactive
| Time-Limited Merchandising Program and Method for Improved Online
| Cross-Selling, which appears to be lawyer-speak for presenting customers with
| one limited-time offer after another until they finally bite on one or
| decline them all. So be careful - the next time you offer folks 10% off on a
| garden rake if they purchase it within sixty minutes after declining to buy a
| saucepan, you could be guilty of patent infringement!"
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20080828/092448.shtml

Related:

Amazon Sneaks One-Click Past the Patent System

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/22/1756237&from=rss