[News] Growth of Linux Studied Scientifically

Linux Evolution Reveals Origins of Curious Mathematical Phenomenon

,----[ Quote ]
| When the Zipf curve is plotted on a log-log scale, it appears as a straight
| line with a slope of -1. This graph shows that four Debian Linux releases
| each follow Zipf’s law: Woody (orange), Sarge (green), Etch (blue) and Lenny
| (black). Credit: T. Maillart, et al.
`----

http://www.physorg.com/news147353055.html

DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 280, 1 December 2008

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20081201#feature

Related:

40 feet of kernel developers

,----[ Quote ]
| OveQuoter 40 feet long, hopefully I can find a wall that long for people to
| be able to look at the thing...
|
| I also uploaded the PDF files if others want to try their hand at printing
| this monstrosity out.
`----

http://www.kroah.com/log/diary

Kernel Comparison for Linux (2.6.18) verses Windows (2003 R2)

,----[ Quote ]
| This aims to be the most comprehensive kernel comparison of the
| latest most popular Unix style kernel verses the latest most
| popular current kernel.
`----

http://widefox.pbwiki.com/Kernel%20Comparison%20Linux%20vs%20Windows

Do we still need LUGs?