Re: [News] Microsoft's OOXML Forcefeeding Strategy Includes Deprecation

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 08 February 2008 07:41 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 07 February 2008 12:39 : \____
>>
>>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> How else can you force people to upgrade?  How else do you keep paying
>>> paying over and over for the same thing?  BPI/MPAA etc., manage it by
>>> reselling the same material on shellack, vinyl, 8-track, El-cassette,
>>> compact-cassette, DAT, CD, DVD, Video Disc, Philips N1500, Philips
>>> N1700, Philips V2000, VHS, high-band VHS, Betamax, VCD, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray,
>>> MP3, Atrac, Apple-proprietary.
>>
>> I suppose that last one refers to DRM, aka "buy once, run once"?
>
> Hehe yeah, that was the one.  I couldn't recall Apple's name for it...

iRipoff. It's not compatible with GNU/Linux though. Apple does know what
GNU/Linux means.

>>> I count 21 formats there, although I'm sure that I've missed some,
>>> somewhere.
>>>
>>> Oh yeah, and when the originals start to drop-off, how about a nice
>>> greatest-hits compilation?  The Essential Warble & Pluck?  The Best of
>>> Warble and Pluck?  Warble and Pluck Live 2,3,4,5,6,7...
>>>
>>> Ahh, makes me want to watch Spinal Tap again (this amp goes right up to
>>> 11, so that when you need a bit of extra oomph...).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
Tasks: 122 total,   1 running, 121 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie