[News] KDE's Krita Named a Good Alternative to Proprietary Software

  • Subject: [News] KDE's Krita Named a Good Alternative to Proprietary Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:43:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fie on Photoshop: Krita, the Real Photoshop Killer

,----[ Quote ]
| Two weeks ago we learned why Gimp, even though it is a superior
| cross-platform image-editing application, is not a "Photoshop Killer." I'm
| not fond of lurid headlines, but if I were to nominate a "Photoshop Killer" I
| pick Krita.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6459/1/

And there's money in FOSS, too.

New consulting company gambles on KOffice demand

,----[ Quote ]
| Although KOffice has its admirers, in many people's minds, it runs a poor
| second to OpenOffice.org. However, some European developers expect that
| situation to change, and to encourage that change, they have created
| KOfficeSource, a company incorporated in Germany. The company plans to offer
| support and training not only for KOffice, but also for Open Document Format,
| and programming using the Qt toolkit. The company's business plan highlights
| its founders' hopes that KDE-related technologies will become mainstream, and
| illustrates the current level of acceptance of free software tools in
| business.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/125896

Related:

Significant progress in Colour Mixing in Krita.

,----[ Quote ]
| Emanuele Tamponi introduces the innovative work recently committed to Krita,
| covering paint mixing...
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-08-12/

Krita 1.6: State of the art