[News] OpenID Becomes Widely Accepted

Evolving the OpenID Foundation Board

,----[ Quote ]
| By bringing on these companies and their resources, the OpenID Foundation
| will now be able to better serve the needs of  the entire OpenID community.
| In 2008, we can expect to see a larger focus on making OpenID even more
| accessible to a mainstream audience, the development of a World-wide
| trademark usage policy (much like the Jabber Foundation and Mozilla have
| done), and a larger international focus on working with the OpenID
| communities in Asia and Europe. Awesome!
`----

http://openid.net/2008/02/07/evolving-the-openid-foundation-board/

Better than Microsoft's .Passport and other recent attempts to make Microsoft
the government.

Related:

Yahoo throws weight behind OpenID standard

,----[ Quote ]
| In one of the most significant moves yet in the growing push toward service
| interoperability on the Web, tech giant Yahoo announced Thursday that it is
| supporting the OpenID 2.0 standard for a universal Internet log-in.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13577_3-9852348-36.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

OpenID Becomes Enterprising

| We've been here before, with operating systems. Back in the days when Unix
| was king, nobody wanted to standardise on someone else's flavour, and we were
| left with myriad Unices, all slightly incompatible. One of the reason that
| GNU/Linux has been adopted so widely is that it offered a neutral, open
| platform that favoured everyone equally. Clearly, then, what we need is a
| neutral, open identity system.
|
| Amazingly, we have one: OpenID.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=252&blogid=14