[News] [Rival] Microsoft OOXML Deception, Astroturfing Makes Comeback

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft OOXML Deception, Astroturfing Makes Comeback
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 01:32:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What happens after the BRM?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft tries it with little success. It invests into European
| interoperability lobbying, sponsors a lot of conferences but thus is forced
| to spearhead the call for Interoperability — and "choice".
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-40134/what-happens-after-the-brm

Microsoft's own Wikipedia editor (even paid-for), Rick Jelliffe:

http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2008/01/odf_alliance_now_loves_me.html

"As I have mentioned, one of my jobs this month is for Microsoft, to play
Devil’s Advocate with the Ecma responses..."

Related:

Microsoft Hires Programmer to edit Wikipedia Entry For OOXML

Portugal will send Microsoft to the BRM

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, as president of the Portuguese Technical Committee, is already
| controlling who will be at the BRM for Portugal. The Head of Delegation will
| be... Microsoft!
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-27501/portugal-will-send-microsoft-to-the-brm

IBM is still locked out of the Portuguese OOXML meeting

,----[ Quote ]
| In spite of various communications, we [IBM] are still locked out and will
| not be allowed to participate. Microsoft will be there, as well as a special
| Microsoft guest, as will various Microsoft business partners, and others.
`----

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1755

Microsoft's Stephen McGibbon to represent Ireland at the BRM?

,----[ Quote ]
| There are rumors circulating in Ireland that Microsoft's Stephen McGibbon
| might be part of the Irish delegation to attend the BRM in Geneva. Microsoft
| is already controlling the Portuguese delegation, you can expect that they
| will control half of the table at Geneva. O'MyGod!
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-29606/microsoft-s-stephen-mcgibbon-to-represent-ireland-at-the-brm

Corrupt countries were more likely to support the OOXML document format

,----[ Quote ]
| Is this just a random coincidence? The median of the CPI index of the above
| mentioned 70 countries is 3.95. Of the most corrupted half (CPI index less
| than 3.95) 23 or 77% voted for approval (approval or approval with comments)
| and 7 or 23% for disapproval; 5 abstained. Of the least corrupted half (CPI
| index more than 3.95) 13 or 54% voted for approval and 11 or 46% voted for
| disapproval; 11 abstained - see the table below.
`----

http://www.effi.org/blog/kai-2007-09-05.en.html

Microsoft accused of more OOXML standards fiddling

,----[ Quote ]