[News] [Rival] Windows Beyond Vista is Still Nowhere, After Over a Year!

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Beyond Vista is Still Nowhere, After Over a Year!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:22:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Windows 7 M1: Nothing to get excited about

,----[ Quote ]
| The install itself looks very similar to a regular Vista install routine,
| indicating that Microsoft hasn’t spent any time on this part of the software
| yet.
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35936/118/

Recent:

Microsoft : Windows 7 still in planning stage and will take approximately 3
years to develop.

,----[ Quote ]
| January 26th, 2008. Looks like Microsoft is NOT planning to release Windows 7
| in 2009. Microsoft's official response, by an email dated 26th January, 2008,
| to WinVistaClub states that Windows 7 is still in the planning stage and will
| take approximately 3 years to develop.
`----

http://www.winvistaclub.com/i7.html

http://www.thinknext.net/archives/2124

Impossible thing #1: Developing efficient, well engineered free software like
Debian GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| So, not only does free software represent a vast amount of effort, but it is
| apparently very well-engineered and efficient effort leading to an even
| higher use value than equivalent proprietary products! Not only can free
| software manage large, complex projects, but it appears to do it better than
| proprietary methods.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/Impossible_thing_1_developing_efficient_free_software_like_gnu_debian

More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing

,----[ Quote ]
| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
| operating system is set to be rewritten..."

A history of Microsoft Windows - the inside story exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| 2004: (...)
| THE MANAGEMENT: "What do you mean it still doesn't work? Try
| harder!"
|
| 2005: (...)
| "MAKE IT WORK! FOR GOD'S SAKE, MAKE IT WORK! Well, throw it away
| and use the server version then, that seems all right. Look, they
| won't know the difference, drop the database stuff, nobody remembers
| what we said in 1995 now! That was ten years ago! "Apple has what?
| 3D acceleration? So, we have DirectX. What, in the desktop? Really?
| What, even Stallman's beardie-weirdies have it? Oh hell. Right, you
| lot, make it look like this!"
|
| 2006: Windows Vista
| THE MANAGEMENT: "Look, if we trickle it out to those mugs, I mean,
| valued customers who've already paid, we can say we released it this
| year and it'll buy us some more time..."
|
| 2007: No, really Windows Vista, honest
| MARKETING DEPT: "Never mind the features, look at it! Isn't it shiny?
| Yes! Pretty!"

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

MS Insider: The Office Crew Isn't Smart Enough to Supplant Real Windows
Developers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/11/ms-insider-the-office-crew-isnt-smart-enough-to-supplant-real-windows-developers/