Re: Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 07 February 2008 10:33 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>
>> What Microsoft needs to do is to write better software, not spend
>> more money on marketing.
>
> Gangsters peddling drugs don't care about quality, they only care about
> the money. When it comes to collecting the money, a tough reputation is
> more important than the promise of a better fix. That's also the way it
> is with Microsoft. They believe hype supersedes integrity, to the point
> of irrelevance. Why bother with integrity, when you have power?
>
> http://www.cantrip.org/nobugs.html

Nessuno and myself brought up the very same topic before. It's rather amazing
that Microsoft fails to see the real problem. And you rightly argue, the
company sees itself as a bank (or mafia), not a house from which good software
comes. Microsoft could take a lesson from Apple.

Previously-unsurpassed exposure makes carnation-faced men
Swap:  1510068k total,   234312k used,  1275756k free,    82304k cached