Re: Yahoo/Microsoft Bid Appears to Fail, Microsoft Takes Plunge

The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
><nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:19:07 -0800 (PST)
><0c13b5de-e1d6-4834-9c46-8d42a42d5ef3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Feb 6, 4:29 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Microsoft's Offer To Yahoo Falling
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>> I don't watch MSFT stock.  Is it really back down to $29?  If so, Ray
>> Lopez 0.999 has lost a wad of cash.  Too bad.
>
> As of the end of today it is at 28.52, down 0.55 -- a fall
> of 1.89 %, and a loss of market cap of about 5.12 B.

The long-term trend is interesting, if you look at the averaged chart
which google have, it shows steady growth from 1986 to 2000, then a
gentle decline to 2008, although there is some indication of a slight
tip-up, I think that might've been when the markets genuinely believed
that Vista was going to be a success.  Now that it's clear that Vista
has flopped, I suspect the decline will continue, and probably
accelerate as the missing billions of assets come more into focus.