[News] Yellow Dog Linux 6.0 is Released for Sony PS3, x86, PPC, Apple Macintosh...

  • Subject: [News] Yellow Dog Linux 6.0 is Released for Sony PS3, x86, PPC, Apple Macintosh...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 02:34:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Yellow Dog Linux 6 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Terra Soft on Tuesday announced the release of Yellow Dog Linux v6.0, a new
| version of their operating system that works on, among other platforms, G4
| and G5-equipped Macs. The software is available immediately for YDLnet
| Enhanced users; it will be published on DVD in two weeks, and public mirrors
| will have it available within a month.
`----

http://www.macworld.com/article/131961/2008/02/ydl.html

Terra Soft Releases YDL v6.0 for Apple PowerPC, Sony PS3, IBM System P

,----[ Quote ]
| Terra Soft today released Yellow Dog Linux v6.0 for Sony PS3, Apple G4/G5,
| and IBM System p. Built upon the CentOS foundation, a popular derivative of
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), YDL v6.0 offers enterprise quality for the
| home user.
`----

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/news/2008/2008-02-05.shtml

Related:

PS3 available pre-installed with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| TerraSoft is now taking direct pre-orders with no delivery
| time guarantees for a Sony PS3 pre-installed with Linux,
| priced at $650.

Sony's PS3: It Rocks on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Installing YDL on the PS3 is a multi-step, albeit fairly
| straightforward, process.
`----

http://www.edn.com/blog/400000040/post/1870007187.html

Software Review: Yellow Dog Linux 5 for PlayStation 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Setup and install went as smooth as I have ever seen a Linux install
| go. I have Yellow Dog Linux 4 on my PowerBook, and even that was a
| chore in comparison to v. 5 on the PS3.
`----

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/02/18/164648.php

PS3 Yellow Dog Linux Install Videos

,----[ Quote ]
| Due to the demand on the PS3 forums I am making some install videos of
| Yellow Dog Linux. Sorry about the slightly shaky footage, since I was
| installing and holding the camera at the same time.
`----

http://fatpenguinblog.com/?p=798

A Ghost and the Machine

,----[ Quote ]