Re: [News] Update on The Ray Niro Uber-Troll/Bully, Nokia Slammed by Mega-Patent Troll

> Boca Resort Opens New Front in Assault on Global Patent Holdings'
> JPEG-on-a-Website Patent
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Ray Niro emailed me yesterday, complaining about the personal attacks being
>| made on him in Slashdot.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| He also tells me he now definitely knows who I am. I'm waiting for
>| confirmation, since he didn't tell me my name. Then we'll see. According to
>| him, one of my "friends" turned me in for the cash. Thanks, whoever you are,
>| if true.
>|
>| Meanwhile, I might as well get rid of a couple of posts I have saved, and was
>| planning to post next week, when I'm not going to be able to post for various
>| reasons. You know, go out with a bang, so to speak!
> `----
>
> http://trolltracker.blogspot.com/2008/01/boca-resort-opens-new-front-in-assault.html
>
> So much for anonymity when there's bribery. So Ray Niro isn't just
> patent-trolling, but he's head-hunting too. Didn't they send a spy to PJ's
> house too? Or was it just a curious 'journalist'? It's like a mafia out there.

Did you see the yank film about the chap who "exposed" the tobacco
industry in the US?  It seemed that he'd just had enough of the lies,
and volunteered to tell the public, by way of court testimony, the
truth.  According to the film, he was harassed everywhere, including at
home, his family was harassed, and I think his wife left him.

He did testify in the end, although the claim was that the tobacco
industry "didn't know" that nicotine was addictive or was in cigarettes.
This "didn't know" is one of those legal things, of course, since it had
been public knowledge for years.

As soon as you get serious money involved, then you must expect this
kind of behaviour.