[News] Apache Market Share Keeps Rising (Again!)

  • Subject: [News] Apache Market Share Keeps Rising (Again!)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 23:31:02 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Apache increases market share in web server survey

,----[ Quote ]
| Netcraft's web researchers counted 155,583,825 sites in January, which is
| 354,000 more than in December.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/102947/from/rss09

Google's 'own Apache' cannibalised another type of Apache and Microsoft bribed
Web hosts with 'incentives' to game Netcraft figures. It didn't last for long
though. Apache gained for several consecutive months. Even Yahoo (as in
Yahoosoft!) puts money in Apache.

Recent:

Apache gains Yahoo! sponsorship

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo! has become a platinum sponsor of the Apache Software Foundation, which
| supports the Apache web server and other open source projects.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15792/1054/

2007 earns Apache more feathers in its cap

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source and all-volounteer group, the Apache Software Foundation (ASF),
| today announced that last year finished as its strongest yet. Not only does
| this indicate just what most already know - that open source is growing from
| strength to strength - but also that it doesn’t take big money and a
| for-profit attitude for this to happen.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2039

Apache gains market share

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, in the November statistic Apache grew by 3% (1.29% active sites)
| while IIS lost 1.29% (1.05%). There is no explanation given by Netcraft and
| there has been no big news about any change of some big host or something
| similar (these percent points equal millions of sites!). So this might be
| just a statistical disturbance - or indeed a change of direction. Time will
| tell.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/12/03/apache-gains-market-share/

Older: