[News] KDE and Canonical/Ubuntu Still in Good Terms

  • Subject: [News] KDE and Canonical/Ubuntu Still in Good Terms
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 03:10:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Kubuntu is Good for KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| There are other good things coming out of Canonical which can benefit KDE.
| Top of the list being commercial support for Kubuntu (and if you want there
| to be more paid Kubuntu developers, go and convince your
| company/uni/government etc to buy some of this). Bzr is the best distributed
| revision control system and I hope ever so much they can convince KDE to look
| at using it, because if we ever switch to Git we'll find ourselves in trouble
| when half our account holders can't work out how to use it. Oh and the 6
| monthly release schedule we've switching to, great stuff but why are people
| embarrassed about where that idea came from?
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3256

More Reasons Why Kubuntu is Good for KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| First off, cheers to Jonathan for his great work with Kubuntu and KDE.
| Everyone should go read his reasons why Kubuntu is good for KDE. I’d also
| like to share some of my own comments about Kubuntu and KDE.
|
|     * Ubuntu has a huge following, and is gaining market share via commercial
|     distribution (e.g. Ubuntu on Dell) and respect as a user-friendly
|     operating system. This reflects well on Kubuntu which reflects well on
|     KDE.
`----

http://weblog.obso1337.org/2008/more-reasons-why-kubuntu-is-good-for-kde/

Yesterday:

KDE and Bulletproof-X

,----[ Quote ]
| But, I plan to try to push as much common Xorg config logic as possible into
| Xorg libraries rather than just in Gnome, in hopes that this will enable
| Kubuntu to more easily benefit from our efforts - they'd just need to do the
| frontend work. (Stay tuned - I'll post more once I have code to share.)
`----

http://bryceharrington.org/drupal/node/38

Canonical and Kubuntu

,----[ Quote ]