[News] Microsoft Uses the Big Lie Propaganda Technique Against GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Uses the Big Lie Propaganda Technique Against GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:27:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft runs Linux Smear Campaign

,----[ Quote ]
| What are your thoughts about Microsoft's smear campaign?
|
| I think they are doing this out of fear. They know that more and more people
| are going to Linux for a solution. For example, Google runs its software on
| Linux; current estimates are that they employ roughly 450,000 Linux servers -
| making them THE largest company in the world to rely on Linux for speed and
| security
`----

http://linuxhow2.com/News/Microsoft_runs_Linux_Smear_Campaign.html

Quote for the day:

"We do NOT want to ship the ’standard’ with Windows because we want to make the
native APIs more attractive. We want to evolve the standard APIs rapidly, and
not have ISVs [independent software vendors] spending time on something that
is cross-platform. "

                                --Chairman Bill Gates

Related:

Future Implications: Why Microsoft will fear Google and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| As hard to believe as it is, Microsoft is running scared. Courtesy of Google.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9757498-7.html

Fight malware by upgrading to Vista, urges MS

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/23/rsa_vista_security_pitch/