[News] Another Glimpse at Palm's Secret Linux-based in-development Palm OS II

  • Subject: [News] Another Glimpse at Palm's Secret Linux-based in-development Palm OS II
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:38:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Yes, Virginia, There is a New Palm OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, the unnamed new OS that wags have been calling "Nova" or "Palm OS II"
| isn't the Linux-based OS that Palm was going to use last year. That product,
| the Access Linux Platform, didn't meet Palm's standards, Maes said.
|
| "There were things in that platform that were focused on a different set of
| customers than what we were looking to do, and there were things in that
| platform that do not support things we would like to do going forward," Maes
| said.

Palm Codenames Linux-Based Palm OS II Nova

,----[ Quote ]
| Now comes word from Palm Infocenter that the PDA pioneer not only has yet
| another, third, smartphone in the works, but that that device is being used
| to test its long-delayed Linux-based follow up to the Palm OS, which now has
| an internal codename of its own.
`----

http://www.smartphonetoday.com/articles/2008/1/2008-1-11-Palm-Codenames-Linux.html

Run the Palm OS on your Nokia Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| The Garnet VM Beta for Nokia Nseries was created by ACCESS, who is the
| company that bought PalmSource. You can now run virtually all your favorite
| Palm OS applications on the Nokia Internet Tablets and I can’t wait to try
| out a few of my favorite apps.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=683

30,000 Palm apps coming to Nokia webpads

Palm Says Foleo 2 Still on Track

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm FoleoAccording to the Wireless Week industry trade journal, a new
| version of the cancelled Foleo Mobile Companion running on Palm's
| next-generation Linux OS is still very much in Palm’s future product plans...
`----

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8197/palm-says-foleo-2-still-on-track/

Palm shakes hands with Linux

,----[ Quote ]