Re: Trolls and Censorship

> ____/ [H]omer on Monday 18 February 2008 00:51 : \____
>
>> Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:

>>> Excellent post, [H]omer.
>>
>> Watch out! The "MeToo" brigade are gonna git ya.
>>
>> Oops, too late.
>>
>> Oh well, thanks anyway :)
>
> [H]omer,
>
> You should be pleased that the trolls flood this newsgroups. It means Microsoft
> is losing. It also means you are on the right topic, which helpfully enough
> they tell you (watch which/where a message gets flooded or bumped the most).
>
> Think about Toshiba and HD DVD. When did they dump the most? When were checks
> being written? That's right, when they were losing.
>
> Keep up the clean stats. In the future, the cleaning up won't be necessary.

In due course, Microsoft will not longer be able to afford to pay for
its shilcosystem.  I would imagine that the fringe shills will suffer
first, but the rot, as it did for Rome, will gradually work back to the
centre.  I expect that the shills here will be some of the first to be
cut from the budget, which will free even more time to work on real
advocacy, although it could be argued that the need for same will fall
over time.

Homer's post was excellent, probably should be appended to the FAQ.