Re: [News] Australia to Embrace Creative Commons, Lessig Might Enter Congress

> Well done on that tobacco thing, H. I understand that you are/were a
> smoker,

I still am, but I can tell you that I'd be overjoyed if they banned it.

Of course that would just drive it underground, like other drugs, but
it'd be a great disincentive for me. I wouldn't go looking for it on
street corners.

> maybe since they days they overdosed the nicotine and denied (as in
> global warming denial) health implication. Watch the BBC Web site by
> the way. Resarch on cellphones and cancer... I dumped cellphones in
> 2003. Good for me...

That's an old one. Probably only really affects people who spend all day
on the phone. There's also the question of the relay masts and overhead
power lines. Heck, if you live near a granite quarry you're subjected to
higher than average radiation. There's an old (sand) quarry near me
that's been in the news recently ... they want to use it to dump
radioactive waste! How thoughtful.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 14:47:05 up 60 days, 12:22,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.00