[News] The Lesser-known SeaMonkey Boasts Over 3,000,000 Downloads

  • Subject: [News] The Lesser-known SeaMonkey Boasts Over 3,000,000 Downloads
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 05:29:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
3 Million (Tracked) SeaMonkey Downloads!

,----[ Quote ]
| When I looked at the download statistics page I realized that we just have
| gone over 3 million tracked SeaMonkey downloads this week!
`----

http://home.kairo.at/blog/2008-02/3_million_tracked_seamonkey_downloads

Those so-called Web 'surveys' will possibly count this as 'other' and drop it
altogether along with GNU/Linux (the pies completely omit the very
crucial 'Other' ingredient!!!).

Related:

SeaMonkey 1.1.1

,----[ Quote ]
| These release notes describe system requirements, installation
| instructions, and known issues for SeaMonkey 1.1.1.
`----

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/seamonkey1.1.1/

SeaMonkey 1.1 offers a good alternative to Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| The Good
|
|       Stable, proven foundation
|
|       Security features on par with Firefox
|
|       With the addition of the third party xSidebar, it can run several
|
|       ported Firefox extensions, in addition to the usual
|         Mozilla and SeaMonkey-only extensions.
|

| The Bad
|
|       The SeaMonkey suite and its product name are not really known
|       outside the geekosphere. I always end up explaining "it's
|       Mozilla", and then more often than not having to explain that
|       "Firefox branched-off from the same Mozilla source code" after
|       getting a blank stare. The same people who don't know SeaMonkey
|       often end up asking "and how about Netscape?", showing that the
|       SeaMonkey team still has a lot of work to do to promote its
|       open sauce project.
|
| The Ugly
|
|       Nothing really ugly.

The SeaMonkey Project