[News] [Rival] Microsoft Confident Panels Are Sufficiently Stacked, Bribed

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Confident Panels Are Sufficiently Stacked, Bribed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 05:01:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft confident leading up to OOXML BRM

,----[ Quote ]
| In September's vote, 53 per cent approved OOXML, well short of the two-thirds
| majority required, while 18 voted against OOXML, pushing it just over the
| maximum allowed no vote ratio.
`----

Days before the vote, Microsoft corrupted all the poor countries to join in and
say "Yes", then it stacked panels too.

Further:

,----[ Quote ]
| Thomas was unable to comment on what Microsoft is expecting those countries
| that abstained or voted no will do after the BRM. But he did comment on the
| concerns of Australia and New Zealand's standards bodies, who abstained and
| voted no respectively, saying both had done "an incredible amount of hard
| work" to make sure their concerns were represented in the specification.
`----

"An incredible amount of hard work" also means sending an Australian paid
Microsoft shill to pro-OOXML trips around the world and then sending him to
the BRM where Australia is represented.

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1675400635&rid=-50

Microsoft shills still edit Wikipedia (reportedly). Maybe Erik and Timmy are at
it as well...

Related:

Significant Open Letter from Patrick Durusau

,----[ Quote ]
| I am not head of delegation so I have no vote, of course. But I expect some
| people will not be happy that I am going at all.
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2008/02/significant_open_letter_from_p.html

Groklaw:

http://www.groklaw.net/newsitems.php

[PJ: Yes, folks. Rick Jelliffe, who just told us that Microsoft hired him ("As
I have mentioned, one of my jobs this month is for Microsoft, to play Devil’s
Advocate with the Ecma responses..."), is representing Australia at the
BRM. "Political issues don't come into it." Don't you just love it?]

Microsoft Hires Programmer [Shill] to edit Wikipedia Entry For OOXML