Re: Linux market share: 85%

____/ Rick on Monday 18 February 2008 19:43 : \____

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:47:14 -0800, peterwn wrote:
>
>> On Feb 18, 11:22 pm, Richard Rasker <spamt...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> http://www.top500.org/stats/list/30/osfam
>>>
>>> Funny how Linux is the absolute number one choice in places where top
>>> performance is required, and people know a bit or two about computers.
>>>
>>> Richard Rasker
>>> --http://www.linetec.nl/
>>

>> Not bad for what is supposed to be a hobbyist OS allegedly written by
>> nerds in their parents' basements.
>
> Good one.

So Ballmer et al were wrong _after all_. Either those basement nerds are really
talented or the kernel was never written by basement nerd. I think it's the
latter. Actually, Linus lives like a celebrity in CA and people write the
kernel for a living. Many others are volunteer professors and professionals
from companies like Oracle.

Perception can work magic. Communism, basement nerds, only command line, good
just foe servers, hard to use, no support and so on and so forth...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
Swap:  1510068k total,   469052k used,  1041016k free,    75208k cached