[News] PCLinuxOS GNOME Spin/Remaster Rated Highly, Berry Linux Has New Release

  • Subject: [News] PCLinuxOS GNOME Spin/Remaster Rated Highly, Berry Linux Has New Release
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:44:06 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Jon's Review: PCLinuxOS Gnome 2.21.2

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS Gnome 2.21.2 is a much better release than those past, and I am not
| saying this just because PCLinuxOS 2007 uses the rival K Desktop Environment.
| Usability is much smoother, the tools feel much more complete, and
| installation was a breeze, and every bit as easy as Ubuntu, Fedora, or any
| other distribution that is known for easy installation. There are many
| applications available, and they are all updated to the latest packages
| available. PCLinuxOS Gnome 2.21.2 gets the job done without complaining, and
| looks good while doing it.
`----

http://jon-reagan.blogspot.com/2008/02/jons-review-pclinuxos-gnome-2212.html

Version 0.88 of Berry Linux is Out

http://www.freeml.com/berrylinux-users

Related:

PCLinuxOS GNOME 2.21.2 [Screenshots]

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=PCLinuxOS%20GNOME%202.21.2

[Error] Is PCLinuxOS Going Backwards? I’m Concerned.

,----[ Quote ]
| Editor’s Note: I don’t do this often, because I prefer to let other authors
| on this blog speak for themselves. However, Justin made a factual error. The
| latest release of PCLinuxOS is not GNOME-based. The GNOME Edition is a
| re-master of PCLinuxOS.
`----

http://nixedblog.thenixedreport.com/?p=139

Community Remaster - PCLOS Gnome 2.21.2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Ken Dotson (Gnome Edition Release Manager) has announced the release of PCLOS
| Gnome Edition 2.21.2. Featuring kernel 2.6.22.15, Gnome 2.21.2, Gnome office
| apps, Firefox 2.0.0.11, Frostwire, Azureus, Xmms, Flash, JRE, a ton of
| multimedia apps, and much more.
`----

http://www.pclinuxos.com/

Another Linux Mini Distro: Berry Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Berry Linux, which based in Japanese, but it provides English version too, is
| a bootable CD that features, automatic hardware detection.
`----

http://linuxmini.blogspot.com/2007/10/another-linux-mini-distro-berry-linux.html

Final Release: Berry Linux 0.82

,----[ Quote ]